About the girl behind this website & Site History

Hi I’m Chibi Jennifer, Chinese born and raised in Sydney, Australia. I’m able to speak Cantonese, but my writing and speaking of Mandarin is pretty limited. I was sent to learn Mandarin during Saturdays as a child, and although I didn’t enjoy it very much, I’m glad I went and learnt the very little I do know today.

It was (amazingly) enough to understand the game “The Legend of Sword and Fairy” (XianJian QiXia Zhuan), as well as watch the TV Series (which had Mandarin audio and simplified Chinese subtitles.) However, finding English websites devoted to “PAL” was impossible, as it simply did not exist in the world wide web. After watching Chinese Paladin at the end of 2005, I decided to fill in the little niche and create a fanlisting/fansite for my favourite couple. Li Xiaoyao and Zhao Ling’er were my absolute favourite in both the game and drama (played by Hu Ge and Liu Yifei). After countless hours of love and dedication, [Fairy and Swordsman] was born in 2006.

Over time, we expanded to cover general Chinese Paladin news for the games and drama as well as news on Liu YiFei and Hu Ge. Our Xian Jian English Forum is a place where fans from all over the world can meet and connect.

In 2010, after watching Chinese Paladin 3 TV Drama (prequel), I created a fansite for Xu Changqing & Zixuan (performed by Wallace Huo Jian Hua and Tiffany Tang Yan).

On 3 May 2010, I purchased the domain name chinesepaladin.org which hosted all my Xian Jian related sites including the forum.

On May 2017 after 7 years, I’ve had to let the domain name chinesepaladin.org expire, as I was no longer actively updating this website. Unfortunately, someone jumped right at the opportunity and claimed the domain name for themself. What’s worse is THEY STOLE ALL OUR CONTENT :( All my hard work… all my written content is basically copy and pasted word for word on their website. To say I was devastated is an understatement. I’ve poured so much time and dedication into creating this website and now it’s just stolen. Karma will come back to bite him/her one day >:(

Our forum has been running for many many years. Unfortunately I’ve come across many spam issues with the forum and was unable to activiate new accounts, because I was literally getting 1000s of spambot registrations a day *sigh*. I also experienced some technical difficulties upgrading the phpBB platform and now the forum is completely broken/unaccessible. I may have to let the forum retire as a result :(

Why the name ‘Fairy and Swordsman?’

Ling’er is a Nuwa descendant, with the heart and beauty of a Fairy, and Xiaoyao is most known for his swordsmanship. The literal translation of “Xian Jian” is fairy sword, so I think this title is very much appropriate to this lovely couple.

I’m sure there are many fans out there, and I hope they’re able to find their way here to join the list, and spread the love =) This fanlisting accepts all sorts of the good relationship between the two characters, so if you love them as companions that’s absolutely fine; as long as you love them together, the way isn’t important.

Leave a Reply